Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single corrupted mailbox?

Hello Guys,
    My first post, Well got a exchange 2003server, with 23 clients and mailboxes for each, one user can see all his mail up to about a week ago, since then even though his mail box is increasing in size, he cannot view any more mail, but can send. If i then connect to https://serverip/exchange, and log on as this user i still only see mail up to a week ago, any ideas?
    toni

Re: single corrupted mailbox?

Welcome

Check if there are any rules / filters / custom views / categories that can cause this.
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

thanks for the reply, as far as i can make out with comparison to other mail boxes, there is no difference, what i did do was take a new machine, join the domain, log in as this user, startup outook fresh, went through the process of opening outlook and accessing this mail box, but still could only see the same items as he could, despite new mail going in.

Comment

Try the next:
        1. If you have Exchange ENT, try to open new mailbox store and move the mailbox to the new mailbox store.
        2. Disconnect the mailbox from the user and reconnect.
        3. Export the mailbox to PST, delete the mailbox, recreate it and import the PST.
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

thanks will give that a go tomorrow on site, will let u know.

Comment

Hello, well the server does not have exchange ent, just exchange as part of sbs2003 installation, tried to make a new mailbox store, but will not allow me to, as it informs me that i already have the max number of stores.
            Any other ideas?

Comment

You can't create additional mailbox store because you have STD version.
              Try to export to PST, delete the mailbox, create new one and import the data.
              Polycom Israel.

Comment

I sort of doubt it is corrupted but have seen stranger things happen . What client are you using to view the email box with? Check on a couple of things:

1) Is the mailbox approaching the 2gb limit for local pst's? If so you wouldn't be able to download any more email to store for viewing and it would look like the problems you are discribing. Outlook 2003 is a big problem with it's cached exchange mode in this area. Right click on the Mailbox - Lastname, Firstname in their outlook, and choose Properties. On the following tab, check on Folder Size. If it is 1.8gb or so, you need to look at this further.

2) If the client is Outlook 2003, check to see if it is operating in Non-Unicode or Unicode mode against the exchange server. If it is Unicode, the 2gb limit doesn't apply (it gets pushed up to 20gb). Right click on the Mailbox - Lastname, Firstname in their outlook, and choose Properties. On the following tab, check on the Advanced button at the bottom. Click on the Advanced tab and then look at Mailbox Mode near the bottom. Hopefully it says Unicode.

3) To see if it is related to any of this and the client runs Outlook 2003, get rid of Cached Exchange mode. That will run you in straight Online mode for the time being... Right click on the Mailbox - Lastname, Firstname in their outlook, and choose Properties. On the following tab, check on the Advanced button at the bottom. Click on the Advanced tab and then look at Cached Exchange Mode Settings in the middle of the page. Uncheck it if it is enabled. Restart outlook.

Comment

I've tried the below suggestions but still have a few problems. Some more things i should mention that i've discovered today.

The user can receive internal mail, but not external mail.

The user has no problems sending both internal and external mail.

I dont think we have any problems with size limits as the mailbox is around the 230mb mark.

In the exchange system manager, we can see the mail count rise when receiving internal mail, but not external mail.

With this i think the problem is at the server level. We are still only having this problem with this one user.

Comment

So, when you say that they get internal email, can you actually see the internal emails in their inbox? Or just see the count rise in ESM?

Comment

Hi there,
                      yep i can see the internal mail at the clients outlook , and the counter rises.

What i have done is exported the pst to the desktop, gone to the server AD and deleted the mail box, then exhange mail and purged the mailbox which removed it then created a new mail box for this user, Gone to the clients machine opened outlook connected to new mail box then imported the file.
                      And just as before can only see mail up to the 20th of last month, can send but only view internally sent mail, but counters move up.
                      Thinking about kicking server!

Comment

Working...
                      X