This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA - Error 404 when opening *some* messages

Edit: It appears that this is a known issue with URLScan where it filters a special character, etc. I don't have URLScan installed *anymore*. I wonder if some remnant of it is causing my issue or just HTTP.sys. Comments?

http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimat...c;f=9;t=001109

-----------

Exchange 2003 w/ SP1
    Windows 2003 Enterprise Ed.
    Forms Authentication

TIA,
    Andrew

Subject from the screen shot.

[Fwd: **SPAM** FW: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: To my child (don't delete-it's being tracked )..you'll know wh]
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Not sure whether this should show up there, but take a look at the output of:

Code:
    c:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs ENUM W3SVC
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I didn't see anything but another set of eyes can't hurt... Please take a look.

-----

Edit:

I found the problem.

I have ISAPI_Rewrite installed. It has a default rule it creates that in some way acts like URLScan.

Code:
      [ISAPI_Rewrite]

# Defend your computer from some worm attacks
      ;RewriteRule .*(?:global.asa|default\.ida|root\.exe|\.\.).* . [F,I,O]
      The problem disappeared once I commented out the above line in the ini file.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the idea though Guy, it got me wondering about what else might be touching the page request after HTTP.sys and filtering it. That lead to me checking out metabase explorer and noticing ISAPI_Rewrite, which I totally forgot was installed.

Thanks man, Rock on!

Andrew

Comment

Glad you figured it out.
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Re: OWA - Error 404 when opening *some* messages

I do not have isapi_rewrite..i do not have urlscan but the same problem occurs in my system..please give me an idea???

Comment

Re: OWA - Error 404 when opening *some* messages

Originally posted by indivi View Post
              I do not have isapi_rewrite..i do not have urlscan but the same problem occurs in my system..please give me an idea???
              An idea might be to create your own thread with details specific to your situation.

Hi-jack a THREE year old thread again or further break the posting rules and you shall receive a site infraction.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X