No announcement yet.

Cannot Login Through HTTP over RDP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Login Through HTTP over RDP

I have gone over the instructions for HTTP over RDP several times, and it seems to be configured properly, but when I try to connect externally I get the login prompt, but it won't accept the password, which I'm positive is correct. It is a single server setup. What could be going wrong here? Is it a DNS problem, or a problem with IAS configuration or is there something that needs to be setup on the user account? I can access secure OWA without a certificate problem. I used a GoDaddy cert. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cannot Login Through HTTP over RDP

In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager expand Web Sites, expand Default Web Site, right-click Rpc, and then click Properties.
    Click the Directory Security tab, and then click Edit under Secure communications.
    Make sure that "Ignore client certificates" is selected.

I checked that, and it was selected. Any other ideas?

Try the user name including the internal domain. (domain\user)
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

This is unbelievable... It worked! After trying every combination over the past week, that tip worked. Many thanks. You just saved me!

Thanks again.

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

However, we'de appreciate it if you could grant some reputation points to the user that helped you. Just click on the little Yin-Yang icon on the right of the user's answer and follow the prompt.

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT