Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange DR install didn't create services...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange DR install didn't create services...

Hi guys,

I'm recovering an Exchange 2000 server in an isolated test LAN from backups. finally got the AD in a useable state, and ran through the /disasterrecovery install of Exchange 2K and E2KSP3...

if I pop open ESM, all of the expected structure is there - the right policies, store objects and so on, but the info store isn't running. I went to start the IS service... and it's not there. in fact, none of the major exchange services are there.

soo...

All of the filesystem is intact, but these services can't start. It looks like the service information in HKLM/CurrentControlSet/Services is missing.

I don't have a reference Exchange 2000 server any more, and was wondering if some kind soul could export the reg keys for the exchange services from a working server for me?

I don't need the server to be fully functional - all I need is to Exmerge out some key mailboxes for Data recovery purposes.

Re: Exchange DR install didn't create services...

If you need the server just for information recovery from the MBX stores why not try Ontrack Power Controls? It'll load a dismounted EDB file and allow you to pull out any mailbox you want to PST files or to other live servers.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X