RUS settings on different EX boxes in same domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUS settings on different EX boxes in same domain

Do all exchange servers in a single domain need to be pointed at the same GC in the RUS settings?

We will be installing a DC and an exchange server at a branch office. I would like to limit the bandwidth being used and have the Exchange server at the branch office pointed to the DC in the same office.

All DC's are running 2003 R2 SP2
    Our current exchang cluster has two nodes, each running Server 2003 Enterprise with Exchange 2003 Enterprise.

Thank you for your help.
    CCA: XenApp 5.0

Re: RUS settings on different EX boxes in same domain

The DSACCESS process will (or should) automatically discover a DC in the same site as the Exchange server, so unless you mess up the settings it sohlud work fine without performing and manual change. If you want to be in total control you could manually configure DSACCESS on the Exchange server's properties tab.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Here's another question along the same line.

In Exchange System Manager navigate to Recipients/Recipient Update Services/

The DC we have designated in there was unreachable by the Exchange server and within about 2-3 hours Exchange stopped functioning.

Is it possible to setup a secondary connection to another DC in case the first DC fails? I am aware that I can add connections to different domains, but I'm not sure if I can have more than one connetion setup in the same domain.

It would be ideal to make Exchange use the second connection only when the first becomes unavailable.

So far my research has turned up nothing.

Thank you for your help!

-Bill

Comment

I don't think you can do that Bill...
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
          I don't think you can do that Bill...

That's kind of what I figured, and if I could do it I would definitely want some way to make sure it only uses one of the two GCs. I understand the concept behind only using one GC as the configuration server to avoid problems caused by replication.

Exchange is becoming less mysterious day by day.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X