X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Hello Everyone

Please just help me.

My company users exchange 2003 as the Messaging server with 200 users in it. Most of my users use Ms Outlook and configured thier account as POP3. Only the MD of the company uses "MAC" system where he has configured his email account as a POP3 one. He also has one more mail account configured . Hence he has two email account configured under two different domain.

Now let me come to the problem

IN very rare cases or ocassionally he finds problem is sending a mail from the email account(Exchange account). The error that is received is

"The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay"
    Use the pop-up menu below to try a different outgoing mail server.
    All messages will use this server until you quit Mail or change your
    network settings.

when he faces the above issue he sends the mail using the another another without any problem. This kind of problem is not reported by any other employees . Only the MD reports this problem. Again this problem occurs occassionally.

Can any provide me a solution........................!

Cheers
    Ranji

Re: The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Why on earth are you using Exchange as a POP3 server for 200 users?????? If you need a POP3 server, you've got one for free in Windows 2003, or you can get many free or cheap alternatives...

I don't get these people!

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

No wonder he didn't post a response. I'd be scared away after that, too.

Maybe he just doesn't know any better? Maybe he inherited the network from someone else?

Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
        Why on earth are you using Exchange as a POP3 server for 200 users?????? If you need a POP3 server, you've got one for free in Windows 2003, or you can get many free or cheap alternatives...

I don't get these people!

mdphoenix, I share this man's pain. I work mostly in the Education sector where all the adults are University educated people with a degree or 2. Most common problem, "My computer isn't working". The solution is to type a different URL into the browser because one web site NOT loading does not beak a PC (or laptop) or " The printer is broken", it pays to turn the power on. Pretty obvious eh.

Sheesh.

My apologies to the OP for going
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X