Can i See the My users E-mails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i See the My users E-mails

my question is .. as an exchange Administrator can i see My users e-mails (Sent or recevied) from the exchange server, i mean the message subject and body.

and if yes, is this requires additional tools or third-party application or i can do this through the exchange 2003 built-in tools??

Re: Can i See the My users E-mails

Check out the following:

http://www.petri.com/grant_full_mail..._2000_2003.htm

** Ensure you understand all legal implications before doing this **

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

that's very nice, now if i want to see the mails, how can i do his.

i just give the administrator a full control permission for the mail box, but tell now i don't see the mails,???

Comment

In Outlook (2003 but should be the same for most versions) either:
        On an ad-hoc basis, select FILE--OPEN--OTHER USERS FOLDER, then select the user and folder to view

On a more permanent basis, edit email account properties, select advanced features and "open additional mailboxes" then add the users you want to see

You can also use OWA to go to http://server/exchange/username

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can either create a new profile with the users account details and gain access to the users entire mailbox or within Outlook just click "File" then "Open" then select "Other Users Folders" from here you just enter the users name and then the folder you wish to access i.e. inbox.

You can also add the users account as an additional mailbox if required.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I thought I just said that
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

that's very nice, but if i open a mail box and found a new mail and opened it, it will be marked still "unread" on the user mail box on his outlook on his PC, or it will be marked as "read" .???

we need to do that with some users in our compnay, we want to monitor thier mail boxes, any mail sent any mail received, BUT we don't want them to feel any thing.

so the user will not feel that we see his mail box???

Comment

You can mark it as "unread" after reading it
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

As an alternative, set up archiving of all incoming / outgoing emails in Exchange. That way you will get duplicate copies you can read without the user knowing
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

that's a very good idea, but how to setup archiving, just tell me the steps??

second, i though that there is a way to see all messages flying in front of me from the exchange server console, you know like the live logging in ISA 2004.

no way to do that???

Comment

Check this out for how to implement archiving aka journaling:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...ournaling.html

You cannot view the mails being sent in / out of your exchange server in that way.

Michael
                      Michael Armstrong
                      www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X