No announcement yet.

Strange client(?) problem - RPC/HTTP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange client(?) problem - RPC/HTTP

We got our Exchange running on RPC over HTTP finally. I have several users connecting remotely, no problem. I'm just trying to configure another one, and for some strange reason, the Directory connects via https, but the mail store won't. It just hangs there, then stops trying, and Outlook reports the connection as "Disconnected".

Since we have several users working fine, I think I'm safe in assuming it's something to do with the client. The client has the security cert. installed OK and can access OWA with no errors. Not sure why this is happening - as far as I know I've set everything up properly. What are the chances that the ISP is blocking traffic?

Any other ideas?

Re: Strange client(?) problem - RPC/HTTP

OK, I found the problem. User was logging onto local computer, instead of domain account. Since I had her set up using NTLM authentication, it didn't prompt her, and just hung up and wouldn't connect.

Re: Strange client(?) problem - RPC/HTTP

Thanks for posting back with the solution. I'm sure other will find it helpful!

Michael Armstrong
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **