Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ip you are using is not authorized

Hi ,

I am having two mail server one is live server and one is dump mail server ,

Live mail server is using the windows 2003 default mail service , and dump server is using exchange 2003 server , now i am having the same name for the live server and dump server , but now when i am sending mails from dump to live particularly on gmail its giving this error ,

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: hello
    Sent: 8/9/2007 10:10 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 8/9/2007 10:10 PM
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <xyz.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-5.7.1 [x.x.x.x(dump server's live IP )] The IP you're using to send email is not authorized >

Can anyone please help me to solve this...

Kathy

Re: ip you are using is not authorized

Maybe you are blocked in black list.
    Check the IP address is http://www.dnsstuff.com and verify that your server is not opened for relay:
    http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=54
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your great Help !! I have checked it from the given link , but my server is not an open relay ...but when i check my ip for the spam database ..it shows this worning ..

x.x.x.x has no reverse DNS entry; some mail servers may not accept your mail.

What does this means exactly ...i have not configured the DNS service in my server..and not created forward look up or reverse look up zone ...only the thing is i have added address primary and secondary DNS in my Ethernet card as per the guidance of the ISP ..

Please help me to solve this...

Kathy
      Last edited by kathy; 11th August 2007, 15:04.

Comment

Ask your ISP to verify / create a PTR DNS record to your MX record (this is not a local configuration at your domain) - there are some sites that check this record in order to validate the sender somain / IP.
        CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
        Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

Working...
        X