No announcement yet.

OMA and IIS Not Functioning Correctly

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMA and IIS Not Functioning Correctly

We have a 2003 R2 server with exchange 2003 installed.

The issue i am having is with OMA.
    Outlook Web Access Works flawlessly
    When trying to browse to the oma page its displays the logon prompt which i enter the user name and the password into than it thinks a little and than displays a blank page with the following in the address bar,

It also than logs a event in the event log under 1503 and lists the following as the issue.

"An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
    Message: Type 'OmaAdapters.OmaXhtmlMultiLineTextBoxAdapter,Micro soft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface' used as adapter not found. (C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\OMA\Browse\web.config line 101)
    Source: System.Web
    Stack trace:
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.E valuate(String configKey, SectionRecord section)
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.G etConfig(String configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.G etConfig(String configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
    at System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name)
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.ControlsConfig.GetFro mContext(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.get_Reques tingDeviceConfig()
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.get_Adapte r()
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.OnUnload(E ventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestCleanup()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at "

I have searched thru just about all KB's and articles on EE and im pretty much at a loss. We were using FBA and SSL but have removed the certificate from the default website and followed the instructions in this article.

We also tried looking at this as a possible cause of the dramas as sharepoint administration is installed.

I can verify that the default website is using .net 1.1

Any help is much appreciated im pulling out my hair rapidly.

Re: OMA and IIS Not Functioning Correctly

what about the certs? self gen or bought-trusted root SSL certs?

what happens when you browse to the OWA site on the phone? do you get the cert error? if so, you need to install the certs for your domain. this will definatly not work if you have removed the cert whilst still having a permission set that is set up like it is...

first thing first, install the cert. verify that it is working and OWA is over HTTPS...

then export the domain certs, import them on the phone, restart and verify the certs are visable in the CP, then try to set an activesync relationship over air...

ive found it either works or it doesnt. everything has to be to the T... its got pictures, even...
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...