No announcement yet.

when I send a message to user the message also delivered for two other users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when I send a message to user the message also delivered for two other users

Hi All,

I have Exchange 2003. The problem accrue only in one of the users.
    When someone send him a mail the mail "forwarded" for two users.
    In the outlook I can see a rule that every mail will be forwarded to someone, this is not the problem.
    I can see in the message delivery history this:
    SMTP Store Driver: Message Delivered Locally to Store to [email protected]
    SMTP Store Driver: Message Delivered Locally to Store to [email protected]

user2 and user3 are not written in the outlook rules.
    On Google I read about this problem and the used MDB viewer to see rules that are outlook can't see.
    I tried to use mdbvu32 but it crushes...

any ideas?
    Gili

Re: when I send a message to user the message also delivered for two other users

1. Verify that there is no forward configuration in the User's AD properties.
    2. Check with MS SMTPDIAG what is happening when you send an email to this user.
    3. Does it happens when the Outlook is closed?
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Re: when I send a message to user the message also delivered for two other users

You can try starting Outlook from the Run command like this: "outlook.exe /cleanrules" (without the quotes). This will clear all client and server rules. We have seen weird forwarding problems that have been corrected by doing this as the server rules are actually hidden messages in the mailbox on the server and sometimes aren't visible from the client because of some bug or glitch.

Comment

Some updates...

I disabled the forward for this account, looked over the rules and fond nothing that is related to forwarding messages to another user mail (the messages "forward" only acre for two users, and non of them are in the outlook rules).
        I suspected the Palm software, So I disconnect the user computer from the net and this is keep happening.

I attached a snapshot of the massage tracking.

P.S.
        This phenomenal only acre when someone sends an appointment to the user!

Gili
        Attached Files
        Last edited by redbaron; 12th August 2007, 13:18.

Comment

It would have helped if you had indicated that it only happens with calendar entries at the start.

That is classic delegates issues. You need to look for delegate settings in the source user. If they don't have those users listed as delegates then there is probably something hasn't got set correctly in the delegate system.

The best way I have found to fix that is to remove all the delegates and restart Outlook. Then add someone new as a delegate who has never been a delegate of that user before. Leave Outlook for 20 minutes or so.
          Then remove that user you put in as a delegate and restart Outlook.
          You can then add the required delegates back and everything should work as required.

Simon.
          --
          Simon Butler
          Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
          More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
          Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
          In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

well, deleting the delegates did the trick...
            In the calender option there is an option to deliver the invitation to the delegates. this one didn't marked on

Thanks!!!
            Gili

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

However, we'de appreciate it if you could grant some reputation points to the user that helped you. Just click on the little Yin-Yang icon on the right of the user's answer and follow the prompt.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X