Exhchange moving mbox stoped now there are 2 of the same boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhchange moving mbox stoped now there are 2 of the same boxes

I was moving am email box to a new server and ran out of room so it just stopeed the moving process i then moved the exchange database on the new server to a larger partion now i have to mbox with the same user on the old server its fine on the new server it has a red x and i cannot reconnect it to the user or purge when purging it says
    THE operation cannot be preformed its already connected to a user
    ?!!
    and i cant move the mailbox again its fails i need to move it to the new server

Re: Exhchange moving mbox stoped now there are 2 of the same boxes

have you tried an exmerge ? How large are the users mail store files ? If they are larger than 1.7gb you cannot run Exmerge.

"forklifting" a exchange DB from one physical server to another doens't work, as their are always issues with it.

is it the new server or the old server that is having the "running out of disk space" problem ?

Rob

Comment

Re: Exhchange moving mbox stoped now there are 2 of the same boxes

We had the same thing happen. The mailbox that is disconnected will be purged when the "keep deleted mailboxes" timer expires with no harm to the other mailbox. After it is purged on the new server move it again from the old server. If disk space is an issue, temporarily turn on "Circular Logging" while doing the moves and then turn it off when you're done. If your "keep deleted mailboxes" is set to the default of 30 days, temporarily set it to 0 or 1 day so that the disconnected mailbox gets purged right away.

Comment

Working...
      X