Exchange 2K3 Private Store limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2K3 Private Store limit

I am having quite the issue with my exchange 2003 server. Recently my users took the Exchange server over the 16GB limit. Well, I was able to get it running temporarily and was able to clean some stuff out of their mailboxes (sent/deleted items) but the server is still over the 16 GB limit. I made the registry modification and gave it an extra GB but no joy. I was able to get a few mailboxes taken care of, but that did no good. I have defragged the database twice but it still dismounts the database when I try to go in and clean some more mailboxes.
    HELP! Thanks
    -Me
    --I love me and I think everyone should...

--Insanity is just another state of mind...

--Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good at the time but in the end you're only f*cking yourself.

Exactly what answer are you expecting? You're using the standard version, not Ent. You've got yourself a mass of mailboxes, all packed up, and now you're hitting the 16gb limit. Now what?

1) Get yourself another server and divide the mailboxes between them.

2) Get yourself an Ent. version and upgrade.

3) Lose some users.

4) Get rid of some mailboxes.

5) Force the lusers to archive old stuff to local PST files and enforce mailbox limits.

That's about it, but if I were you I'd go for education first, otherwise you'll finally end up also messing up the second server.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

*Nod*

Well, I was able to get the server online long enough to get some of my high volume users set to .pst's. Education is where I would have liked to go with that but unfortunately, my GM wont give us the horsepower to implement certain restrictions and such on the staff. (And hes too cheap to spend another 4K for Enterprise.)
      The server is playing nicely now that I have a couple of users on .pst'. (At least long enough to get everyone else on board.)
      -Me
      --I love me and I think everyone should...

--Insanity is just another state of mind...

--Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good at the time but in the end you're only f*cking yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X