Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 452 4.3.1 Out of memory

Hi,
    I am Using Exchange 2003. I got problem with my exchange and not receiving mails (one day 2-3 times). at that moment when i check with dnsstuff, it show,

mail-1.tl.seapro.crs.org. - 202.72.105.118 [Could not connect: Got an unknown MAIL FROM response: 452 4.3.1 Out of memory
    ]

After I restart the server, it's ok. so I am now restarting my server daily couple of time.

help me....................
    Good luck
    Lasantha

Re: 452 4.3.1 Out of memory

I think you should run the MS EXBPA and see if there is any problem with the server:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lasanthajn View Post
      Hi,
      I am Using Exchange 2003. I got problem with my exchange and not receiving mails (one day 2-3 times). at that moment when i check with dnsstuff, it show,

mail-1.tl.seapro.crs.org. - 202.72.105.118 [Could not connect: Got an unknown MAIL FROM response: 452 4.3.1 Out of memory
      ]

After I restart the server, it's ok. so I am now restarting my server daily couple of time.

help me....................
      Good luck
      Lasantha
      Hello..
      i have same problem.I cant solve the problem

Comment

have you tried reading the kb article associated with this error?
        SYMPTOMS
        You may experience one or more of the following issues on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 in your organization:
        • Messages may become backed up in the messaging queues. You may not be able to resolve this issue by restarting the Exchange 2000 Server-related services or the Exchange Server 2003-related services. Instead, you have to restart the server to restore message flow.
        • When you telnet to port 25 of the problem server, and issue the MAIL FROM: or DATA command, you receive the following error message:
        452 4.3.1 Out of memory
        • The Exchange server logs the following event in the Application event log:
        Event ID: 429
        Event Source: SMTPSVC
        Event Type: Error
        Description: "Virtual Server Invalid MailQueue Directory: The specified mail queue directory is not valid. Cannot start the SMTP Service."

Cause 1
        This issue may occur if the Antigen antivirus event sink (version 6.5) is installed on your computer. This issue may be caused by a leak of MailMsg objects.
        Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 has a default limit of 90,000 MailMsg objects that can be allocated. When this limit has been reached, the Exchange server cannot process additional messages. For more information about the limit, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 258748 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258748/) How to set a limit on the number of SMTP messages in queues
        Cause 2
        The Exchange routing engine does not have sufficient permissions to write the messages to the BadMail, Pickup, and Queue folders that are located under the \Mailroot\VSI # folder.
        Cause 3
        This problem may occur if your Exchange server received a large amount of spam e-mail messages. In this situation, the BadMail folder fills with messages that your server cannot handle. Additionally, the hard disk is almost full.
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329167
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
        X