sending mail to specific domain through its own connector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending mail to specific domain through its own connector

I have to set up TLS for a particular domain. I have read some posts on here and have understood i can crate a separate connector for that domain and use TLS on that connector. However a couple of questions, do i add and additional SMTP virtual server under the protocols section or anothe internet mail SMTP connector under the connectors section in the first routing groups area. when i create this additional connector (wherever it goes) how does it know the domain name that it needs to encrypt it for....is it the address space? and if it is , does the existing address space stay at SMTP....*...cost1

Regards

Re: sending mail to specific domain through its own connector

You need to create another SMTP virtual server (and for that, in most cases, you'll use a different IP address than the regular one on the server). You will then configure that SMTP VS to use TLS for outgoing traffic.

After that you create an SMTP connector for the specific destination domain (in Address Space), and configure it to use the new SMTP VS as the bridghead server.

As for the cost, it should be the same as the default SMTP connector, the fact that it is more specific for that domain will cause Exchange to use it instead of the regular SMTP connector when sending email to that destination domain.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: sending mail to specific domain through its own connector

Thanks Daniel, that explains a lot.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X