Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPRS ActiveSync Not download Inbox but everything

Hello All,

I am having a hard time with one smartphone (samsung).
    This phone is very good, has mobile 5.0, wifi,etc.
    When I setup exchange server sync using gprs it downloads, sync all task, contacts and folders..
    BUT the inbox is empty.
    I can see the subfolders but they are empty too.
    If I enter in OWA all the messages are there.
    If I send an email to myself from the smartphone the e-mail appears on OWA.
    The user was ok. The only thing more is that he is changing the smartphone from one HTC to Samsung..
    What Am I missing?
    This is exchange 2003 SP2 with all patches (including windows vista dhtml hot-fix).
    Thank you all!

Re: GPRS ActiveSync Not download Inbox but everything

Did you try "Hard Reset" and then configure the Activesync in the PDA?
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Yep,

I tried hard reset.

Contacts, tasks, memos everything is there but inbox.
      Even the subfolders in the inbox are there without e-mails.
      already set to download all messages.

This one is tricky..

Comment

If you have Exchange 2003 Ent edition, try rehome the mailbox to other mailbox store.
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

Tried to re-home the mailbox..not success...
          Still nothing.....

Comment

Does the problem stays for different user on the same PDA?
            Polycom Israel.

Comment

this might not be your situation, but I had a really crazy activesync issue just like that. ill just descibe what happened and the fix, but I'm not as sharp as these other guys... most these guys have so many certs I'm embarrassed to even post ...j/k these guys are great.

the end user set up an outlook account on computer A. He backs up his document folder and hidden application data folder... the works. so he gets new computer and installs, joins to the domaain, then tries to set up outlook. he tries and messes around with all the settings in outllook... He couldn't create the data file because of a conflict caused by the restore of the docs. well, he inadvertently selects 'personal folders' instead of leaving the mail on the server.

to futher complcate, computer A is online but leaving messages on the servr, B is online with the pst compeating with A, and he gets issued a laptop that he does a horrible job trying to set up RPC/HTTPS. it was set with the data foldrs set up the same as B... yeah, I know.

when the messages arrived, the messages weren't seen in OWA for more than a minute, sometimes longer... and the messages disappeared from the MDA... I mean literally side by side, disappeared from the phone and appeared in the outlook account on computer A. active synce even said it was syncing, which it was for cotacts, tasks, calendars and appointments... like you were saying.

see, when he was at home, his work computer with outlook was logged out and the messages stayed on the server thus visable in OWA, but as soon as he went in and logged in, it (OWA and async) would both be empty. the messages were being pulled from the server and being delivered to the pst...

so to make a long story longer, check the location of the data files on the users outlook account. make sure that 'mailbox' is selected in the delivery location and not 'personal folders', otherwise your basically using an 'in-the-cradle' syncronization.

sorry again foe the bloviated buzzed rambling... MDA's w/unlimited data plans and Mickey's 40's are dangerous.
              Last edited by James Haynes; 1st August 2007, 07:35. Reason: im buzzb and forgot some pages in my novel.
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Did you remove the ActiveSync partnership for this user account? You need to use the Windows Mobile Admin tool to do that (free download from Microsoft). Don't get excited though - the Windows Mobile Admin tool is badly named and only does remote wipe and removing the ActiveSync partnerships server side.

As already asked - does the problem follow to another user on the same device?
                If you get hold of the Windows Mobile emulator, does the problem follow the user there?

Simon.
                --
                Simon Butler
                Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X