Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about mail connector

Hi ,

I am new in exchange 2003 , actually we are using default POP , SMTP facility of windows 2003 server in one server which is our live mail server , now i am at another location here we have exchange 2003 is installed on server , now to fetch a mail from a live server i have define a smtp connector in it , but while i am sending msg from any of the user it's not going out side my exchange , so what may be the reason..i have tried to telnet the server but its not accepting connection , and from live server i can check the mails via web url . e.g mail2web.com...so where i had done mis configuration ..pls help ...

peter

Re: about mail connector

Peter, can you please take a breath and explain what it is that you're trying to do? One Exchange, one POP3 server. What do you want to do there?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

HI ,

Actually i am having 2 servers, both are having windows 2003 installed . Now in one server i am using mail service with the help of default pop3 smtp facility which is inbuilt coming with windows 2003 server and its working fine ..no issue in that ...its our live mail server and located at remote place ...

Now in another server i am having windows 2003 + Exchange 2003 server is installed in it , which i am using in my local office , for local mail service ...now i want to send mails out side my office using my own live mail server , so for this i have created smtp connector in exchange 2003 server , now when i am sending mails out side my domain ..its not going out side the exchange so i just want to check where i had done the mis configuration...

Peter.

Comment

Right. Now what exactly did you configure on that SMTP connector? Is the SMTP domain name identical on the POP3 and Exchange servers?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

HI ,

I have given the same name in smtp connector , which is the name of the pop3 server , now what may be the issue ?

Peter.

Comment

Hi ,

I am getting this error , I think this will help us to resolve the issue more fast...

Here [email protected] is the address where i want to send the message and hhh.pqr.com is the local name of my server in which exchange is installed..

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
            Sent: 7/24/2007 11:54 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 7/24/2007 11:54 PM
            There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
            <hhh.pqr.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>

thanks,

Peter

Comment

Hi ,

Its done , now i can send the messages out side from my exchange server , i have configured the incorrect ip address of my pop3 server , but now the problem is i am having one pop3 mail account over their and 5 mail id alias under i not i want to download the mails for those accounts so how can i do it ...i have downloaded EFS software from www.chimeracomputing.com and install it , but when i am fetching mails from my pop3 server its giving me a protocol erro , so what may be the issue...

I have created same mail id on exchange as the alias name on the pop3 server, so at where i need to do settings...please help ...i am about to reach the solution ...

Thanks...

peter.

Comment

Hi ,

Now when i am able to send and receive the mails but while i am sending the mails to the gmail , i am receiving error like your server is not authorized to send mails ? Why ? I am able to send mails to all other domain , not specifically gmail , and when i am sending mails to yahoo it always reach to the bulk mailbox ...why ?

Please help

Peter

Comment

Working...
                X