Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mailbox Move just deleted my user's mailbox!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox Move just deleted my user's mailbox!?

This is related to another current topic in this forum, but I think the nature of the issue is different and deserves a new start.

I was in the middle of an Exchange Mailbox Move b/w two servers in the same domain when the source server rebooted itself. I was left with two mailboxes, the original on XMAIL and the half-moved one on XMAIL2.

I attempted to re-run the Exchange Mailbox Move app again on the partially moved mailbox and it detected the recently created mailbox on XMAIL2 (with those moved emails within it) and announced it was not able to move the mailbox because the mailbox exists on the destination server. It then deleted the mailbox, and all moved emails within it, from the destination server!?

What tha???

I suppose those emails are lost forever? I can't see myself restoring the whole Information Store just for that one mailbox. Or is this the only option?

Exchange Server 2003 SP2

Damn!
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Mailbox Move just deleted my user's mailbox!?

I just found out that we do an ExMerge each night for all mailboxes. If I reverse the ExMerge and import the emails back into the user's original mailbox, will it duplicate the existing emails?

EDIT: I can't use ExMerge on the partial mailboxes on XMAIL2 because it looks like they are not connected to an account (they have little red "x"'s on their icons). I'll have to dig out the PST files which we create each night.
    Last edited by JDMils; 18th July 2007, 05:18.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Comment

Working...
    X