monitor content of outgoing email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor content of outgoing email

I have Exchange 2003 and GFI MailEssentials. Is there a way to monitor outgoing emails for specific text or ***-**-**** ? and then have those emails blocked and/or forwarded to a specific account?

Thank you,

Marc
    Thank you,

Marc

Re: monitor content of outgoing email

i use GFI and ex 2003 also, but i dont think it is possible to create conditional filters like that... i might be wrong, but it would entail a little bit more than GFI does out the box.

you can create custom searches with booleans like you have listed...

i have some searches that are "if any email contains "f*%k", then display the conversation thread"

i monitor email usage like that.

you can also nest searches to make them a little more selective... weeding out the unwanted material.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: monitor content of outgoing email

Marc,

You need a spam solution. I used Policy Patrol which is the best I've seen around. Tech support are fantastic and you are talking to the experts when you talk to them.

In PP, you can setup rules which trigger depending on your criteria. Eg, say you wanted to quarantine all emails with the word "Sexual" in it. You can setup the following criteria:
      • Sexual -> The actual term
      • Sex* -> Anything starting with "Sex"
      • S?x* -> Catches "Sex", "S3xual", etc
      • s\d{0,3}wall -> Catches anything with the letter "s", any 0 to 3 numbers followed by the word "wall"
      • s(e|a|@|5)?xual -> Catches "sexual", "saxual", "[email protected]" & "s5xual"

You can do almost anything you want with the email- delete it, quarantine it in a specific folder, forward it, add text to the subject and/or body, etc. Check out Policy Patrol Home Page.
      Last edited by JDMils; 17th July 2007, 00:50.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

Working...
      X