No announcement yet.

IMF junk mail filtering

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMF junk mail filtering

We are running MS Exchange 2003 and are using IMF as our primary SPAM filter. One of our customers is having continual problems with having their emails rejected to us. We do not want to lower the ratings because we get a large amount of legitimate SPAM through already. Is there a way to specifically identify domain addresses that we want to allow through? I know that each Outlook user can add them to their safe senders list, but is there a way that I can do it on the server so that I do not have to go around and add safe senders to each computer individually. I would appreciate any information you can give. Thanks so much.

Re: IMF junk mail filtering

well, here is the weak solution:
    Microsoft IMF updates are schedualed to be every first and latest wednesday of eatch month, IMF update are not enabled by default, you can enable it by the registery:
    open your regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
    In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane, point to New, and then click DWORD Value,Type ContentFilterState, and then press Enter to name the new registry entry, Right-click ContentFilterState, and then click Modify., In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK. Then restart the SMTP service
    go to and get your updates

here is real solution :
    Microsoft Antigen !
    don't care for now for Forefront as it's for x64

BTW, i'm sure you enabled the IMF filtering on the SMTP advanced ip setting , ha ?

Reported to admins: Please move to Exchange forum for better response

"Exchange White List" brought up a number of hits, including

I have no idea how effective it is, but it seems on the surface to match your needs
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I use IMF Tune and it allows me to white list and black list e-mail tagged by IMF. I am able to lower my spam rating and tighen up on good e-mails by adding them to the whitelist.
        Network Engineers do IT under the desk

I use IMFCompanion (free) and it also has whitelist and blacklist options and also an autorefresh option. You need to configure the archiving of messages captured by the IMF first.