Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail stamp

Hello!

I have exchange 2003 running on windows 2003 server.

I need to have logo on all messages send out of my system which will be below e-mail just like page footer.

I need to know where can I set this so that all outgoing e-mails has that logo?

Thanking you.

Re: mail stamp

You can install the GFI MailEssentials without license and then after 60 days you will still be able to work with the disclaimer component:
    "however the disclaimer feature remains active after the 60-day evaluation
    period"
    http://www.msexchange.org/news/Discl...ee_by_GFI.html
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, does this means that Exchange does not have its own options?

Comment

Exchange has never had an option to add a disclaimer -- a very silly ommission by Microsoft, IMHO.

The solution has always been "3rd party software" or "write an event sink"

That is very useful to know about Mail Essentials -- I have some clients who baulk at the cost of software

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello!

I have found a solution through Mailmarshal dislaimer option.

but now I am facing a problem. in my disclamer there is logo in jpg format, which display well when its in HTML format. but when I send e-mails it display on text no logo.

is there a way exchange convert this? my outlook 2003 mails are in HTML format, why does it turn into the text?

I need the logo to be displayed.

Help!!!!!!

Comment

Check your default message format is not plain text

Go to System Manager -- Global Settings -- Internet Message Format
            Right click setting in RHS and select properties, then go to message format tab and report back here what is set

Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have attach the findings.

Thanking you.
              Attached Files

Comment

By the look of it, you should change the "plain text" option to the "HTML" one immediately below it

Tom
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

i have done the changes but still the same, do i need to restart any exchane service?

Comment

any news guys, I am stuck in this issues????

Comment

Dear All,

I thank you for the help provided.

I would like to let you know that I have managed to solve the problem.

Basically after informing me about exchange not having the disclaimer option, I concentrated on Mailmarshal.

I am using mailmarshal SMTP 6, this has the facility to display disclaimer. when I attached the logo, it was not being displayed due to the fact that the logo was within my network. so I use the url link from the web and it was done.

Thank you a lot guys.

I will appreciate if you can direct me to web security links.

Thanking you.

Comment

Well done for fixing it!

For web security links, there is a lot of ground to cover, so I suggest you use and ask some specific questions
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

Working...
                        X