Exchange Server Auto Respond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server Auto Respond

Not sure if this topic has been covered or not, I couldn't find anything on the forums by searching.

This is a pretty simple thing that I would think you would be able to do with Exchange Server 2003.

We have a distribution email group "[email protected]". When someone emails this account from our website we would like for it to do an auto-reply. I can it get to work for all emails that come in on the account by using one members of the group mailbox and creating a rule. The problem is that we only want it to send an auto response to emails that are generated by the our website only.

What I'm trying to avoid is setting up a rule on a member of that group mailbox and also avoid some getting an auto response that doesn't need one. I know that you can set the rule to look for specific word in the message and other things but I was thinking that there has to be an easier way using the exchange server itself not users mail accounts.

If anyone knows a way of doing this, it would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
    -Joey

Re: Exchange Server Auto Respond

I don't believe you can create auto-responder rules on Distribution Lists. You can however create a mail-enabled public folder and add it to the list and create rules from there.

This way all messages that arrive into the folder will fire the auto-responder.

To do this...

*removed was wrong
    Last edited by ahinson; 21st June 2007, 03:24.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply ahinson!

When going Public Folders, r-click on the mail-enabled public folder and l-click properties. Next, l-click the general tab, then the delivery options button all that you can do in here is Forwarding Address and Send on behalf. I don't see anything about auto response or anywhere to put a response message.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks

Comment

There may be other ways to do this but this how I do it. Other directions are welcome - it never hurts to learn another method.
        The instructions I found for an easier way turned out to be wrong. I guess I should have double checked - oh well.

Make sure the folder is mail enabled.
        Open Outlook with an Exchange Admin account.

Then open the Folder Assistant...

This screenshot should help.
        Last edited by ahinson; 21st June 2007, 04:13.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for all the help. This looks like its going to work out for us.

Thanks.
          Joey

Comment

Originally posted by joey304 View Post
            Thanks for all the help. This looks like its going to work out for us.

Thanks.
            Joey
            Excellent! Glad to have helped.
            Andrew

Comment

Working...
            X