No announcement yet.

installation problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation problem

Hi guys,
    it seemed to be very easy in first but now I am surrounded with various problems. I was trying to install Exchange 2003 on my windows 2003 router server. The router is joining two sites but its part of single active directory domain. Before installing exchange i double check that my server has IIS service up and running , check for nntp and smtp services too. When the exchange installation finished it didn't created mx record in dns database. well it was not a big problem so i created mx record by myself. The biggest problem is MS exchange MTA stack service does not start. I tried to check other services that MTA stack depends upon. but those services are working all ok. what is wrong here any suggestion.
    I am thinking to uninstall and install it back.

Re: installation problem

Where did you get the idea that Exchange creates MX records as part of the setup?

Exchange doesn't do anything to DNS.
    A dual homed Exchange server is also something is not recommended as it can upset Exchange.

Is there anything logged when the service fails to start?

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: installation problem

Amir Bhai,

MX record is not created in your server its created n your ISP'S dns. Please try to read Technet and learn from there. Even I do that.

Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:29.