No announcement yet.

RPC over HTTPs not working

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTPs not working

Running a single server on 2003. OWA with SSL has been setup using an internal Certificate and it works fine. I hae set up the RPC portion, but I'm not able to connect with Outlook from outside the lan. When I setup the certificate it reads: (ex: The question that I have, and where I may have gotten it wrong is this. Should I have given it the fqdn for owa? ( In the directions on this website for setting up RPC over http/s it states: "you MUST make sure that the COMMON NAME on the certificate is 100% identical to the External FQDN you've just typed!"

Thanks for your help.

Re: RPC over HTTPs not working

browse to the owa site and check the little lock box in the bottom. this will reveal the name on the cert; the same name they are refering to here...
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: RPC over HTTPs not working

The certificate is the first problem.

It needs to be the external name and needs to be trusted.
      I do not recommend using a self generated SSL certificate as they are a pain to manage and not worth the hassle. When you can get an SSL certificate for US$20 to US$60 a year, it isn't worth the bother. Check or
      RapidSSL have a 30 day trial certificate which can be good to get used to the process. The other supplier has certificates that are trusted by Windows Mobile.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.