No announcement yet.

Setup failed while installing sub-component....

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup failed while installing sub-component....

Hello guys

Im writing here in hope to get some help on a issue I have. I've currently upgraded my domain controllers to run Windows Server 2003.

Now im trying to upgrade my exchange server from 2000 to 2003. Ive get this error during installation on a new server installed with windows server 2003.

I have ran both forest and domainprep on the schema domain controller. I have no replication errors on any DC's.

The exact error is "Setup failed while installing sub-component Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects with error code 0x80072030. This error is coming up during installation of exchange server 2003. Ive tried both with standard and enterprise versions. Also tried different medias.

I found 1 knowledge base article about this - saying that the 3 security groups Exchange Domain Servers, Exchange Services and Exchange Enterprise Servers have to be in the default User folder in AD. This is also checked up on.

I get 2 event id's with Error 5000 - Source Micrsoft Exchange Server and 1 event id with error 1002 - Source MSExchangeSetup. This last event is saying: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchagne Messaging and Collaboration Services failed. Error: 0x80072030 - There is no such object on the server.

Does any have some ideas of what could be the problem here.

Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards

Heino Skov
    System Consultant

Hi again.

I found an error in DNS and reapplied /Forestprep and Domainprep - made a sync of the domain and reinstalled exchange.

Its now up and running.

Just thougth I would post the solution.
    Best Regards

Heino Skov
    System Consultant

Thanks Heino, we appreciate it!

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services