Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 + Exchange 2003 + UPN

Experts please help

I have a windows 2k enviroment. domain name is domain.com, exchange 2003 server for this domain, what i would like to do is to recieve emails

for
    [email protected]
    and
    [email protected]
    of course i addedd another UPN suffix for student.domain.com and created a recepient policy to add @student.domain.com for all logon names

that ends with student.domain.com

my problem with this setup is that any studnet account can recieve emails at
    [email protected] and also [email protected]

what i want to do is to separate both addresses so that students cannot recieve emails sent to their name at domain.com

should i install a sub domain and another exchange server or is there any other tips to acheive this.

Regards,

Do the students still have the e-mail address that does not have STUDENT in it? If so, they will receive mail sent to it, so you'll need to make sure they lose the old e-mail address and remain with the STUDEND address.

As for the child domain - NO! No need for that! All you need to do is to create a sub-domain in your internal and external DNS servers, and call it STUDENT. Then create an MX Record for that domain and have it point to the Exchange server.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X