Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect specific mail before arriving at inbox

Quick question if anyone can help.

The postmaster account gets a copy of all email entering the system.

What we want to do is to redirect/filter email from a specific address and send it to another mailbox. However we don't want the end users to see this happening.

We have tried using the redirect rule so when email arrives it is moved to another account however this is not working.

Cheers

Dave

Re: Redirect specific mail before arriving at inbox

Hello,

You can do this in the user's AD. In Exchange General - Delivery Options, you can set a forwarding address and send a copy of all mail to this user to another mailbox.

Hope this is what you are after...?

robbyb

Comment

I think he was after the opposite:
      Intercept all mail FROM a specified address and divert it to another account?
      I am curious as to the reason why!

Sounds like an event sink is in order....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ah, see what you mean!

This could indeed be done with a script, methinks. So, given that Dave has all mail going to the Administrator account, he could use the Exchange Event service. Then he'd need to write his script off the Administrator mailbox, with an event trigger of 'message arrives in mailbox'.

This would mean that the script would trigger for every message that arrives in the administrator account.

In the script then, Dave could check to see if the mail came from the target address and if so, forward the mail to another mailbox.

That's a fair bit of work, but I reckon sample scripts will be easily found on the interweb.

robbyb

Comment

Thanks for that robbyb I will look at it when i get a chance next, doing to many installs at the moment

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Ok struggling a bit here. You made it sound oh so simple robbyb.

So far I have not been able to find any scripts that would do what I want, or even a sample script that looks like what I need to do.

Also I just noticed in my original post I forgot to mention its on Exchange 2000

Help please

Dave

Comment

I don't normally script but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

I'll pull together some code in the next day or so and then type you through how to load it on your server.

I'm glad it is Exchange 2000; I've got a project at work to move some event scripts over to 2003 and I can no more get it to work as I could sort out the war in Iraq.

robbyb

Comment

Originally posted by robbyb View Post
                I don't normally script but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

I'll pull together some code in the next day or so and then type you through how to load it on your server.

I'm glad it is Exchange 2000; I've got a project at work to move some event scripts over to 2003 and I can no more get it to work as I could sort out the war in Iraq.

robbyb
                Thank you very much Robby it would be very greatly appricated

Kind regards

Dave

Comment

Hi Robby,

Have you had a chance to look at this at all?

Cheers

Regards

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X