Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck after 90% repair private.edb

dear all,

hi all..i needs help. last morning office's server exchange crash "appear blueScreen(remove your h/w or scan virus after that restart the machine". after restart 2times..still error and only blue screen looked.

that server had exchange with master active directory inside. i already reinstall windows,AD,Exchange. After restore system State and exchange dataBase. i can't mount exchange system manager. the system manager have 3 mailbox store. 2 of them already can run after i run eseutil repair and defrag but the biggest mailstore (70gb) stuck on 90% when running eseutil repair.

in even viewer appear error every minute:

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
    The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
    The MAPI provider failed.
    Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
    ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

please help me..thx..

nb: sorry if my english confusing

Re: Stuck after 90% repair private.edb

Can you please send us the steps you did for disaster recovery ?? we have to analyse and tell you.

Thanks
    SKAK
    ________
    Ship Sale
    Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:26.

Comment

Dear Skak,

first time i re-install with w2k Enterprise, Create DNS and DC. after that i restore system state from last backup.

then i install exchange2000, when i want install the /domainprep "appear some error...i forgot that error" so i make the installation with /disasterrecovery, update e2k sp3. after that i restore microsoft information store mailbox from last backup.

after restore, i can't mount the mailstore. so i make recovery step:

1. /mh private01
      2./r eo1.log
      3. /p private01

private2 and private 3 success repaired.

system state have 3 mailstore, 2 of them already can mount but the biggest (private1) stuck on 90% when running eseutil repair ( /mh and /r was succes).

today i leave that unmount mailstore cause the office need email running. the new problems appear. the mailbox in private2 can't move to private3.

Task Summary: Move Mailbox

Started: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:57:57 AM
      Finished: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:57:57 AM

Results:

Error: Connecting to source server.
      CN=K,OU=DIREKSI,DC=grdsteel,DC=com:
      The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
      The MAPI provider failed.
      Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
      ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

other problem, after i create new user mailbox, email addresses was blank ( smtp,x400,faxmaker). i must manual create it. how to make it created automatically.

thanks for the reply....

thx,
      Yau

Comment

Did u removed the last entries of the server from AD ? reinstalled exchange ??

Thanks
        Skak
        ________
        Hydrogen 7
        Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:27.

Comment

dear skak,

yup i re-installed it. now i already fixed the problem. thx for your help last time. thats error cause by error private.edb, so i move it to other server and fixed there. after can fixed it, i reconnect it to system manager.

thx,
          Yau

Comment

Working...
          X