Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot run setup.exe /ForestPrep

Hi all,

Cannot run setup.exe /ForestPrep install Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server on Win2K3.
    I install exchange 1st success and uninstall exchange but cannot install to try again !!!!

Last edited by Surasak; 23rd May 2007, 11:36.

Re: Cannot run setup.exe /ForestPrep

Dear Mr. Certified ( MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSA:Messaging, MCSE:Security, MCSE:Messaging, MCDST, SCSA SCNA, CCNA, MCTS)

You need to be an enterprise administrator in the root AD domain to run forest prep.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I can't help it, I have to say something:

Dear Mr. Surasak,

I really hope that this is NOT the reason for the error you are getting. I really hope that there's something else that's preventing you from running FORESTPREP, because it that IS the reason then my friend you have a huge problem. How on earth did you get all those certificates you claim you have if you can't read a simple error message and interpret what's written in it??? Not to mention that at least some of your claimed certifications have to deal directly with Exchange, so damn, how on earth did you get those done without knowing the most basic thing about Exchange installation???

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Dear Surasak,

I completely agree with Daniel. Anyways, lets solve your problem.Please check the whether you have these group membership assigned to your Administrator user in Active Directory.

Local Administrator on the server
        Enterprise Administrator
        Domain Administrator
        Schema Administrator (only required for first install to extend the Schema).

If you dont have please add the above memberships to Administrator user.

Thanks
        Skak
        ________
        VIDEO REVIEWS
        Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:26.

Comment

Thank you for answer reply.

I use administrator on domain run setup.exe now. I can't run setup.exe. Can i cleanning schema master for exchange ? How to do ? or I will create new forest and migrate object to new forest and install new exchange ?

Best regards.

Comment

Man i really cannot understand what you actually want. You are supposed to me MCSE you shall know the simple tasks. Dont you know how to add a group membership to Administrators Account using Ad ??? I dont want to embaress you but still I had to tell you.

Thanks
            Syed
            ________
            Lamborghini jarama
            Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:26.

Comment

Please tell us what groups your Administrator account is a member of which you are using to set up Microsoft Exchange.

Help us help you.

Thank you,
              Jas

ps. In theory, if your administrator account is a member of the correct groups, you do not have to run forestprep or domainprep as a separate task, these tasks will be performed seamlessly during the setup.exe install - that is only if you have all of the correct group membership and rights for the domain and forest.
              VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
              boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
              My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
              X