Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logging messages

hi...

I want to know if there is any way of knowing the amount of internet email Exchange handles during a period of time, including number of messages flowing and their size.

Does anyone knows how to do it?

thanks...
    antonio

Hi abarrote,
    I am not aware of any native Microsoft implementation of such logging, that's perhaps I have never been interested in it. However, there are certain third party mail monitoring utilities available on the market..
    Prices vary, so does the functionality...

I will not be advising on any particular product, so that you can do your own reserach and decide what you need/like.. Just google it..

Good luck.

Comment

Hi,

You can also use the built-in Performance console and implement one of the many counters found inside. These will give you stats about various Exchange functions, and one of them is the SMTP objects. Use the EXPLAIN button to find more about each counter.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Indeed, DP is absolutely right here.
        Use Performance console first and see whether it gives you what you are after..
        You might find it a little bloated, so take your time and read the explanations..

Comment

and where can I find that built-in Performance console?

is it in the "monitoring" tab in my server's properties?

thanks
          antonio

Comment

Performance Monitor

You will find performance monitor in
            Start->Program->Administrative Tools->Performance

Comment

Working...
            X