Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to open outlook mailbox on desktop or laptop

Hi
    This is a very strange issue I am having. I have an MS 2003 Domian, Using exchnage 03 on member server and using Windows XP client machine with Outlook 03. All server have the latest service packs and updates.

The problem i am having is only with one user out of the 80 or so exchange mailboxes in the Domain. The user has a desktop and laptop. Recently the laptop (or for the matter any other computer on the Domain the user tries to log into) is unable to connect to the exchange server. I am able to ping the server by IP and name and when I configure the profile the username and server both resolve. I do not beleive this problem is local to the laptop because i have went so far as to reimage the entire laptop and still have the same problem on the new image. Also the problem occurs on other machine the user tries to log in to.
    Attached Files

Re: unable to open outlook mailbox on desktop or laptop

So it's just one user?

What's different about that particular user?

Try to delete the user's mailbox, then re-connect it. The old mailbox should not be harmed but make sure you make a full backup just in case.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I dont think there is anything different with this user and the other users on the Domian. I have been at this site since the site creation in Oct 06... This was one of the first users we setup... We havent had any problem with his maibox until now... I am most likey going to re-create the mailbox but would like to find out if others have had this problem and if they did how they resolved...

Thanks

Comment

You might not need to re-create it. Just delete the mbx, run the cleanup agent, note that the mbx appears with a red X in ESM, then reconnect it to the original user.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Dear

It is a very typical kind of problem. In most cases a particular users can have problems if there is a mailbox attribute problem. Try checking the mailbox attributes of that user.

Thanks
          Skak
          ________
          Effects of prilosec
          Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:26.

Comment

Working...
          X