Configuring New Exchange Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring New Exchange Server 2003

I am going to Launch Exchange 2003 Server in Domain Structure.
    Problem is My Current Local Domain name is: www.xxxgrp.com whereas Internet Domain name is: www.xxxgroup.com
    the thing i want to know how i can configure Exchange 2003 Server with www.xxxgroup.com Active Directory without disturbing existing Domain www.xxxgrp.com

Best Regards:
    IFFI

Re: Configuring New Exchange Server 2003

The Exchange / email domain name (*@XXXGroup.com) has nothing with the AD domain name.
    The only thing that importent is that you will configure the email domain in the MX record on the ISP side and configure the same email domain in the recipient policy in the Exchange application:
    http://www.petri.com/configure_excha...er_domains.htm
    http://www.petri.com/configure_speci...ange_users.htm
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Hey Thank you Very Much for you Kind Information
      IFFI

Comment

Thank you very much sir,
        it mean i can make it member if same domain xxxgrp.com then i can setup policy to send and receive email from xxxgroup.com?
        also tell me how about DNS entries.

IFFI

Comment

Yes.

If you are talking about the DNS inside your domain (AD), it will be the same like the windows domain name (xxxgrp.com), so the FQDN of the hosts / computers will be for example: comp1.xxxgrp.com

The DNS entry for your email (MX record) will be configured at your ISP and there is no connection between the internal DNS (Windows DNS domain) and the outside DNS name (MX record - xxxgroup.com).
          CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
          Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
          Polycom Israel.

Comment

Working...
          X