Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defragging exchange 2003 IS error

Hi guys,

Could really do with your expertise on this one.

I have just run a defrag on a w2k3 server with exchange 2003 latest SP.

dismounted the store
    stopped all the services

typed my command

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /d "D:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA|priv1.edb" /t\\server\exchange\tempdfrg

and got

Error: Access to source database 'D:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA|priv1.edb' failed with Jet
    error -1022.

Operation terminated with error -1022 (JET_errDiskIO, Disk IO error) after 0.0 s
    econds.

I'm confused that is where the datbase is and i have stopped sevrices and dismounted store ? any ideas.... I must be missing something obvious, oh and the database has another 70Gb free and is not read only.

HELLLLLLLLLLlp
    Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Re: defragging exchange 2003 IS error

Just FYI

Should i have dismounted the store AFTER stopping the services ? as i did this first !?

I have a feeling this was it.

Could someone put me out of my misery
    Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Comment

Hello,

are you using your local drive space for genrating the temp.log while defraging or using some other servers space ??

Thanks
      ________
      Wellbutrin Attorneys
      Last edited by Skak12; 13th April 2011, 13:25.

Comment

Another servers space.
        Benjapos

Comment

Hi there,

If you stop the services first, the store is automatically dismounted.

I think it could either be one of two things:

1. A problem with your command: I see that you have the | instead of the \ in your command.

"C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /d "D:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA|priv1.edb..."

Is this just a typo in putting it on this website, or are you using it? It seems from your error that it is in there. It shouldn't be there.

or.

2. Some part of your database is corrupt. You could try running eseutil with the /g switch. This will run a check on your database and may reveal something.

But check out No.1 first...

robbyb

Comment

Working...
          X