Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Defrag 2003

Hi,

I am about to defrag my w2k3, exchange 2003 servers IS priv1.edb. I have the following command, could you confirm this is the correct one and the syntax looks ok ? I have done defrag on exchange 5.5 many times but the command differs slightly so i thought i'd run it past the experts !

I have stated the temporary location as mapped drive T
    The store is held on D:\exchsrvr\MDBdata\priv1.edb

eseutil /d /p “D:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Priv1.edb” /t\\serv01\exchange\tempdfrg

Advice/guidance/money would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance
    Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Re: Exchange Defrag 2003

Looks ok.

You can run Eseutil with the /d /p option at the command line to configure Eseutil to create the new defragmented database in a separate location, such as a location on a different hard disk. If you turn off instating, the offline defragmentation process preserves the original database uncompacted, and the temporary file that is created is the defragmented version of the database. For example, you could turn off instating by using the /d /p option. Unlike the standard offline defragmentation process (Eseutil /d), if you run Eseutil with the /d /p option, the original database is not overwritten with the new defragmented database when the offline defragmentation process is completed.

Remember to leave enough disk space on the targer drive (at least 100% of the DB size), and remember that the /p option means you have to manually copy the new compacted DB over on the original DB.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X