Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadsync.. Dataviz... Nokia..

Another request for help...

If anyone knows anything about using roadsync software to pull mails form exchange to a mobile (in this case a nokia 9300i) then I would be most grateful.

Please see leter post for more details.

Thanks,
    Last edited by neilmac; 9th May 2007, 14:40.
    Neil Mac

Re: Roadsync.. Dataviz... Nokia..

Hi neilmac. I would add a bunch of information to your post (like what you're trying to accomplish) because as it stands, you've broken rules 3 and 4 http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=28

Someone could post "Yes, I know about it" and that should satisfy your question.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi, Jeremy.

Yep, you're right, I broke my own rule too, posting under pressure...

My apologies, please feel free to amend my original post and the title in order to restore balance.

I have a situation where I need to get a Nokia 9300i connected and picking up mail from a Small Business Server 2003 running SP2.

I am in one country, the customer is in another country and at the moment the exchange server is not accessible via the internet, so testing it is so far not possible.

My current problem list:

1) The communicator seemed not to want to connect to the exchange server (when it was online) as the public access is by IP address, I currently have no A record for the server. The Roadsync configuration asks for server name, so I would like to know if IP address is acceptable. (I don't see why not, but you never know).

2) If this simple configuration does not work when we are able to test it once the server is back online, are there any members here that deal with these issues commecrially that may be able to offer advice or even charge in order to help get this resolved ?

3) A more minor issue is that on site, there is wifi, though the Nokia will not log on to the wifi network. If it did, the settings for the server would not be correct in roadsync as the external IP address would not be valid. So we still can't test the system.

My brief is to have this demonstrably working by the end of last week, as you can tell, I am now out of time (though not my fault, as the internet connection failing was out of my control anyway). However, what it does do is put pressure on for a solution to be found quickly.

I do not want to waste time fiddling with manuals and talking the end user through constant reconfigurations in order to test it. If we are unable to get the Nokia picking up the mail, then I want to hand the problem to someone who can get it working.

If you have experiences with connecting a Nokia 9300i running roadsync software to a Microsoft Small Business Server running Exchange SP2, and you feel you could help, either by giving advice or by taking this on as a chargeable job, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I realistically have until tomorrow night to have this solved.

Many thanks,
      Neil Mac

Comment

Since SBS 2003 comes with a fully functional Exchange 2003 Std., this is probably something for the Exchange gurus. Not necessarily specific to SBS.

Let's see...
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X