No announcement yet.

Shared mailbox: how tbast way to use ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared mailbox: how tbast way to use ?

Dear all,

I have a Exchange2003 SP2 server and I setup up some users like "Tech Support" with it's own mailbox. Then I gave the correct rights to and finally I added this to several users outlook 2003/2007 profiles.

They can successfully read and reply to incoming emails, they can also send a new mail using Tech Support as sender.

I have three issues:

1. When I reply to the email the sent mail goes in my sent and not in the Tech support sent.

2. When I reply to the email others cannot see the flag "replyed" or "forwarded".

3. Some emails in inbox cannot be opened by the delegated in the shard box.

I think I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing some steps because a lot of international support teams use Exchange for this porpouse and I cannot beleve they work lacking those functionality.
    Last edited by chemelli; 8th May 2007, 08:07.
    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
    MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Re: Shared mailbox: how tbast way to use ?

You can create a new outlook profile (a local one) as the Tech support user. You will have to switch between profiles (open and close outlook) to get your email and tech support email.
    Last edited by Lior_S; 8th May 2007, 14:47.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I don't understand your answer...
      Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
      MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Comment

If you go to start > control panel > mail > show profiles > add > Type anyname > (Continue as you normally would)
        When you start outlook you will be prompted for a profile (mailbox) to use

This may or may not be the best solution but It explains what I meant above.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I understood the suggestion but it's not related in any way to my question. This is why I asked for explanation...
          Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
          MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

I edited my first reply maybe that makes more sense now. Or maybe I don't understand what you want?

Comment

I'm with Lior - the only way to have sent items put into "Tech Support" is to have that as the "Primary" mailbox; and similarly for the "Replied to..." and "Forwarded..." flags. Even when you have "Server side" "Send As" permissions, items you send "as" the second mailbox go into your own sent items folder.

So - you will need a second profile with Tech Support as the Primary mailbox and use that to do "Tech Support" email stuff.

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thank you.
                Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

If all you want is an incoming "tech support" address, why not a mail-enabled public folder with appropriate permissions for the techies?

Tom
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X