How to limiting email sending for several users only in Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to limiting email sending for several users only in Exchange 2003

Hi, I've Exchange 2003 Standard edition hosted in Windows 2003 R2 Standard. Our internal domain name is abc.fam and Exchange hosting abc.com (our email domain name) configured in Default recipient policy and abc.fam has been deleted from there as well. Some of the users have external email (with the same email address) hosted outside and downloaded to their Exchange Mailbox using POP3 Downloader software (MAPI Lab), this configuration to accomodate our need to have the same domain name for all users but only several persons able to communicate with external email account, the rest will have Internal email only and it's downloaded using third party software because we don't need the user able to access an email from other places (out of the office) - email will available only in the office.

My problem is I need to deny email sending through our Exchange for the users who doesn't have external email address (POP3 and SMTP allowed for Exchange only, other computers can not use those ports).

How can I do that? Please advice.

Regards,

Acung

Re: How to limiting email sending for several users only in Exchange 2003

I don't see the logic behind your setup (having and paying for Exchange 2003 but not using it to receive mail) but if you insist...

You can create an SMTP Connector to the * address space, and deny the users/groups from sending through that connector.

For example:

How to restrict the outflow of large messages using an SMTP Connector:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555260
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi, thank you for the reply. We do use it for sending and receiving mails but since an Internet connection in our office often experiencing problems then we decided to through that way (that's what we know due to our lack of knowledge) because we don't want mails bounch back because can not reach our server (Internet problems). That's why we choose to have the mail hosted outside and linked it to our Exchange using third party tool, it would be great if there is a suggestion for us on how to do it in another way.

And the limitation only applied to several users (restricted them to communicate to the third party using company email account), the rest still using Exchange for email corresponding.

Please advice.

Regards,

Acung

Comment

Befroe we move on to the other topic you've opened did you listen to what I said about the SMTP Connectors?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yup, it's very clear. I've done it and it's work now...thanks.

Regards,

Acung

Comment

Working...
          X