Can receive but not send.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can receive but not send.

I just set up and exchange server and can receive emails without fail. But i don't seem to be able to send any even to another account on the local domain.

I receive this message at the bottom of each email.

The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.

I am not all that familiar with DNS and would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advnace,
    Brian

Why not read my newest article:

Configure MX Records for Incoming SMTP E-Mail Traffic:
    http://www.petri.com/configure_mx_re...il_traffic.htm

maybe it'll help you get started.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

perhaps I was not clear in my request.

I do not have a problem with the incoming emails, as I can receive email just fine. The problem is that i cannot send emails to any other domains besides my own.

Thanks in advance for any help,
      Brian

Comment

Check your DNS is able to resolve external addresses or configure exchange to use external DNS servers to resolve addresses

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks to you all for the help. It was very much appreciated. But the server was a test server and by some odd chance the hard disk failed without a backup. So problem solved this time around. But never fear I have become very much attached to this site because of the information and the incredibly quick responses so I will be here to learn and contribute also.

Thanks,
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X