Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move a san disk to other san disk in an Exchange 2003 Cluster

Hello.

What we wanna do sounds very simple, but i don't know how to do it.

Actually we have our exchange cluster in a SAN(1) the which is the same location as the Exchange Cluster, except from the transactions logs disk the which is connected to a Remote SAN(2).

What we wanna do is simple, assign a new disk in the SAN (1) to the Cluster, copy the information from the SAN (2) Disk and recreate the resource???

which the better way to accomplish this??

Regards
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: How to move a san disk to other san disk in an Exchange 2003 Cluster

Get a hold of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit utilities. You need the utility called clusterrecovery.exe. The documentation for this utility is in clusterrecovery.chm and it is most excellent.

Basically clusterrecovery.exe will allow you to swap out one cluster resource disk for another cluster resource disk. It also includes functionality to replace/repair the Quorum.

The data copy piece from one disk to the other you can handle on your own.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: How to move a san disk to other san disk in an Exchange 2003 Cluster

Excellent. i will read the documentation tomorrow.

Really thank you, best regards
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
      X