can't get my owa going

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get my owa going

I have a web site running on my server, when I put in my domain name it comes up no problem but how do I access my exchange server which is running on the same server? all the info given says put in http://ipaddress or domainname/exchange and it should work. Ive taken all firewalls off so nothing is blocking it. Do I need to activate it ?

this is a test network so to get one account working would be good!

I'm sorry but could you please rephrase your question? What did you do, what do you want to do, what works and what doesn't work.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

here goes

right, I have exchange 2003 running on a test network which works. Clients can get their mail and send mail etc.. however I would like to be able to get outlook web access to this server so that users can send email while their on the road.

The server has a web site which there is a 'A'host record fori.e when you type the URL you get the website.

there is also an MX record servicing the exchange server so that mail works.

Do I need another record to point to the exchange server?
      2003 supposedly works but mine doesn't.

maybe I'm putting in the wrong URL for the exchange server (which is not named the same as my domain name)

Do I have to do anything in IIS to enable this service ? It appears users have rights to access the OWA but cant get to the site to log on etc..

i can't find any documentation which tells you in layman's english of how to get it working.

Comment

I know that .asp pages have to be allowed in the IIS management console but I think it is by default.

Comment

OWA should be up and running without any user or admin intervention. You say you have a website on that server. What type of website? How built it? Who installed it? Did the website make any configuration changes to the Default Website? Do the EXCHANGE and OMA and EXADMIN and EXWEB subfolders appear under the Default Website? Did anyone run IIS LOCKDOWN TOOL or any other security tool on the server?
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

hello again

well i created the website and it was my first, I created it and made it default so that when you type in the url it goes to that site. I uploaded the site in IIS. so looks like I may have misconfigured it, i will go and look at it again.

Comment

Working...
            X