Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The e-mail account does not exist at the organization

Hi

Very strange issue. I create new user on my child domain and it's got the exchange 2000 server my mail setup like this

internet--.w3kexchange----w2kexchange

but i can't send to this w2kexchange email user internally or externally?

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
    Sent: 5/04/2007 12:07 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 5/04/2007 12:07 PM
    The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
    <mail.calvista.com.au #5.1.1>
    AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Re: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization

Well, given that you can't send mail to this user internally or from an external mailbox, let's focus on getting internal to work. I'm sure that external will then work. Hopefully.

Could you post up a NDR that you get when you try to send internally to this user?

Have you given enough time for replication? It can sometimes take 15 mins before the mailbox is available and ready. Do you see your new user in the GAL? In orther words, from your Outlook client, can you select your new user from the To: button?

Comment

HI,

I just tried internal still getting the NDR? and i can see it's not under GAL ?

any ideas?
      AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Hi,

Even i have been facing the same problem for quite some time, and the experts on this forum have definitely thrown some light on this problem.....

My problem is to do with the MX records defined for my site......

It goes like this, i have a primary MX record pointing to a mail service provider and the next secondary MX record pointing to my exchange server ..... so if a user has been defined on my exchange server and someone sends an email to him, the mail first goes to the primary server and bounces off since, the user does not exist on the 3rd party mail service providers email server......

So if you have this kind of an MX record problem, i would suggest you to have alook at your MX record entres .....

The best way to do this is to run the nslookup command within an MS-DOS command promt.....

Click START ---> RUN ----> cmd

this sould open an MS-DOS command promt

Type in the nslookup command and after the nslookup command is running type the followin

set -querytype=mx domainname.com

this will display as list of all the MX records for the domainname

Regards
        Avid

"Am learning Exchange Server now "

Comment

Re: The e-mail account does not exist at the organisation

Number one reason for this is a smart host configured on the SMTP virtual server. If there is a smart host then remove it. That overrides everything else that Exchange tries to do with the email.
          If you need to use a smart host for message delivery then put the smart host on an SMTP Connector so that email can flow between the servers on SMTP.

If this a single user only with the issue, then check whether the user got an email address automatically or whether you typed it in. Exchange may not recognise the email address.

Simon.
          --
          Simon Butler
          Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
          More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
          Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
          In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Because you can't email this user 'internally' - i.e. from mailbox on this server to this *faulty* user on the same server, it won't involve MX records, Avid. MX records are usually all about how external messages find their way to your server.

With the news that your new user cannot be found in the GAL, you couldn't 'send' an internal message to your user (from another internal mailbox) except by typing out the full email address. This makes me think that perhaps your newly created user is not mail enabled? So, here are some questions for you (apologies if some of this, you have done already):

1. Please check that your newly created AD account is definitely mailbox enabled. In AD, right-click on your new user and choose Exchange Tasks. If your user is already mailbox enabled, then you should see an option to delete the mailbox (but don't delete the mailbox!). If you see the option to create the mailbox, then that's all you need to do! Oh, and give it 15 mins or so for replication.

2. If step 1 hasn't solved anything, and assuming you have this created on your E2K server, then a good test would be to see if you can create a new user on your E2K server, and then see that replicate, and appear in your GAL.

3. If step 2 OK, then it is time to suspect that your GAL replication isn't working on your E2K box. At this point, in summary:
            YOUR new account is set OK on your E2K box but not available in the GAL.
            YOUR test account is set OK on your E2K box and available in the GAL.

If you are at this step 3, then that GAL replication stuff is all 'controlled' by two elements within the Exchange SYstem Manager, Recipient Policies and the Recipient Update Service. Now I don't think we have to worry about the Recipient Policies - this is mainly about updating email addresses. Unless someone has been mucking about with this, then this should still be set up OK.

So it'll be about the Recipient Update Service. This will need to be rebuilt\updated.
            In ESM, navigate to Recipients\Recipient Update Service and right click and rebuild and also update on each of the Recipient Update Service Objects you see in the right hand pane.

After 15 mins or so, your new user should show up in the GAL. You'll be able to email this person internally. Because the email account now exists, you'll also be able to email this person from an external email address.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

robbyb

Comment

HI Rob,

First Thank you everyone.

Step1: AD account is definitely mailbox enabled

Step2 : No create 2 new users same issue. Not in GAL?

Step3 : "GAL replication stuff is all 'controlled' by two elements within the Exchange SYstem Manager, Recipient Policies and the Recipient Update Service"

3.1 : Recipient Update Service. This will need to be rebuilt\updated.

Done but not int the GAL after 30 Min?
              3.2 Recipient Policies - what are the values?

Default Policy is the lowest

Filter rules:

(mailnickname=*)

Step 4: Enable SMTP Logging on w3kexchange

Event Type: Information
              Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
              Event Category: Categorizer
              Event ID: 6015
              Date: 13/04/2007
              Time: 12:34:27 PM
              User: N/A
              Computer: MEL-EXCH2003
              Description:
              Categorizer is NDRing a recipient with address SMTP:[email protected] with reason code 0x80070002 (The system cannot find the file specified.
              ).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
              Data:
              0000: 02 00 00 00 ....

Event Type: Information
              Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
              Event Category: NDR
              Event ID: 3028
              Date: 13/04/2007
              Time: 12:34:27 PM
              User: N/A
              Computer: MEL-EXCH2003
              Description:
              A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.1 was generated for recipient rfc822;[email protected] (Message-ID <[email protected]al>).
              Cause: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization where the message was sent. Either the recipient address is incorrectly formatted or the categorizer was not able to properly resolve the recipient.
              Solution: Checking the recipient address and the recipient policy and re-sending the message are among the first steps in resolving this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
              Data:
              0000: 46 05 04 80 F..€
              AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

HI,

Just some info

my setup like this

internet------->exchange 2003 ( Main domain:calvista.com.au or calvista.local) ------> exchange 2000( Child Domain: axis.net.au or axis.calvista.local)

I just try to send from main domain and got this NDR.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: test
                Sent: 13/04/2007 12:34 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 13/04/2007 12:34 PM
                The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
                <mail.calvista.com.au #5.1.1>

with the below Event log i think my child domain not sync properly with GAL?
                AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Dear Robb,

I have goe ahead and reset all my servers ie. Exchange, DNS/AD and NAT......

now i'm able to get out to users on the internet, but the same problem persists ------ replies from the internet are not getting back to me .....

So, as discussed with the experts on ths board, i have changed the MX record priority of owamail.adfactorspr.com to MX=0....... so accroding to the experts this should solve my problem of mail receipt....

Now, i would like to know ----

What happens to the users who we're being serviced by the 3rd party e-mail server, which is now at MX=5.......

Basically what i understand is that, the users who exist on the sapmnet server will still be serviced by the spamnet server since they do not exist on my exchange server currently ....

please correct me if i'm wrong in my understanding of the MX record jumble

Warm regards
                  Avid

Comment

Originally posted by avidblogger View Post
                    Dear Robb,

I have goe ahead and reset all my servers ie. Exchange, DNS/AD and NAT......

now i'm able to get out to users on the internet, but the same problem persists ------ replies from the internet are not getting back to me .....

So, as discussed with the experts on ths board, i have changed the MX record priority of owamail.adfactorspr.com to MX=0....... so accroding to the experts this should solve my problem of mail receipt....

Now, i would like to know ----

What happens to the users who we're being serviced by the 3rd party e-mail server, which is now at MX=5.......

Basically what i understand is that, the users who exist on the sapmnet server will still be serviced by the spamnet server since they do not exist on my exchange server currently ....

please correct me if i'm wrong in my understanding of the MX record jumble

Warm regards
                    Avid
                    Some light reading on MX records

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch8/mx.html

Comment

HI,

Why my GAL not sync ? please help i got few users now without email?
                      AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Hi robby

I have got half success in the implementation so far. I had changed the MX priority of owamail.adfactorspr.com to MX=0, and it kinda worked.

Now when i reply back from the gmail ID, gmail does not gove me an NDR anymore, but i don't seem to get the e-mail in my outlook inbox ....

It seems to have gone off on a I-net journey somewhere ....

Is there a way to check where the mail has gone after i replied back from g-mail.....?????

Thanks and regards
                        Avid

Comment

Avid, you seem to have hijacked this thread and it's getting me all confused - which is easily done. Could you repost on another thread and we'll pick you up from there?

Cosy, you say your setup is as follows:

internet------->exchange 2003 ( Main domain:calvista.com.au or calvista.local) ------> exchange 2000( Child Domain: axis.net.au or axis.calvista.local).

Can I confirm: Everything is well on your main domain? You can send and receive, from nternal and external sources OK?

From your set up it seems that mail for [email protected] AND for [email protected] arrive from the Internet to the same server, is this your Exchange 2003 in the main domain?

It would seem from one of the errors you provided, that once messages for axis.net.au arrive at what is the calvista Exchange 2k3 server, this server does not know how to send the message on to the Exchange 2k server (which is responsible for the axis domain).

It sounds like you need to set up MX records within your internal DNS servers for the calvista domain. This MX record will tell the Exchange 2K3 server that it should foward any mail for axis.net.au to your Exchange 2K server.

Please check your DNS server and see if it needs this setting. If this setting is missing, this should solve your incoming problems for axis.net.au.

When you think about it, you'll maybe need to do much the same on the DNS server(s) for your child domain so that it knows how to email people on the calvista.com.au domain - although I suspect that it probably already works and just goes out on the Internet before coming back in again..!

Apologies - I should have seen this before when you first mentioned a child domain.

Let us know how you get on.

robbyb

Comment

Hi Robb,

Yes everything is ok for main domain and child domain except these new users so i don't think its nothing to do with MX.

I found my Inter -site replication is not working properley and look like GAL is not sync because of this?

when i run repadmin and dcdiag

Canberra\CNB-ISA via SMTP
                            DC object GUID: 2232cdf8-d125-413f-bafa-6b75f802c710
                            Last attempt @ 2007-04-18 10:55:35 failed, result 8477 (0x211d):
                            Can't retrieve message string 8477 (0x211d), error 1815.
                            145 consecutive failure(s).
                            Last success @ (never).

Intersite configure for IP and SMTP both i don't know that make any difference?
                            AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

Before we put our thinking caps on, can I confirm:

1. You already have users on the child domain for which all is well? That is,
                              A. They can send mail to internal users on both domains
                              B. They can receive mail from both domains
                              C. They are visible on the GAL on child domain (axis)

2. You now have a NEW set of users on the child domain that you have recently added for which:
                              A. They can't send mail to internal users on both domains
                              B. They can't receive mail from both domains
                              C. They are NOT visible on the GAL on the child domain (axis)

Is this where you are at present?

Comment

Working...
                              X