No announcement yet.

Sync return HTTP_400

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync return HTTP_400

I have windows server 2003 running with Exchange 2003 SP1. Also i have an IPAQ with windows mobile 2003. It was possible to sync this ipaq with oma on the exchange server, also i managed to use ssl, everuthing was OK.

then i installed sharepoint server, then it was not possible anymore to sync the ipaq (HTTP_500 error), i deinstalled the sharepoint, still the HTTP_500. Now at this time i still get the HTTP_400 error.

i think it has something to do with kerberos (?????), how can i manage to let the sync proces use the kerberos protocol again.

thanks in advance

regards henk

Re: Sync return HTTP_400

Any reason you are not on Exchange 2003 SP2?
    The way that ActiveSync worked was changed in that service pack and I would suggest that you upgrade the server first before continuing.

Once you have upgraded the server, does oma work?

OMA and ActiveSync share a similar backend, so if one works the other will. However OMA is much easier to troubleshoot.

If when you browse to OMA you get a certificate prompt, then ActiveSync will not work.

Are you using Forms Based Authentication as well? If so there is a known issue with FBA, SSL and ActiveSync which is discussed in KB 817379 or my article at

However before making changes to the server I would suggest updating it to the latest patch level.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.