Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTP keeps asking for password

Hi,

I've searched the forums but have been unable to find the solution. I've recently set up an exchange server. I had many problems doing it but finally got it working. I can log in fine using OWA, but that's it. The certificate is from a trusted authority and my system is accepting it fine. I'm trying to configure an Exchange account in Control Panel/Mail. I go through the whole setup process, ensuring to enter my info into the HTTP section - I've done this many times before with a different Exchange server. When I click Check Name to authenticate, the dialog box pops up as it should asking for my username and password. I enter it, but it keeps asking. It never stops. I mention that it never stops because in the past when I was having problems after a few times it would just say there's an error, but here it keeps asking. I've tried entering the username in many different formats, with the domain before it or after it. I've even tried creating a new mailbox and entering that username and password and still nothing. I can't remember what I changed from when it worked that one time till now. Also there are no errors in the event log. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

-Eli

Re: RPC over HTTP keeps asking for password

I'm sorry. I just went through the "Setting up RPC over HTTP" article on this website, and now it's working beautifully. I had done that whole setup already, but I guess I did something that messed it up because a lot of the settings we're not proper. I must've reset all the RPC settings.

I'm having other problems now with Exchange ActiveSync. I will search for an answer and then post if I can't find one.

-Eli

Comment

We all do it... ask the question and then realise the answer before one's presented to us. I hope you get as many satisfying hours of usefulness out of these forums as I have.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

It's amazing how time after time that I search Google for an answer to something, I end up coming right here to this website. Keep up the great work!

-Eli

Comment

Working...
        X