Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associate E2k3 mailbox with NT 4.0 account [Scripted]

Hello,

I need to create +3000 users in my w2k3 - e2k3 environment and associate an Exchange 2003 mailbox with a trusted Windows NT 4.0 account.

MS provides a procedure on how to do this manually: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888

Here are the steps:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.

2. Click the Users container.

3. On the Action menu, point to New, and then click User.

4. Type the user's name in the First Name, Initial, and Last Name boxes.

5. Type the user's logon name in the User logon name box, and then click Next.

6. Type the user's password in the Password box, type the password again in the Confirm password box, and then click Next.

7. In the Server list, click the server that you want to hold the mailbox.

8. In the Mailbox Store list, click the mailbox store that you want to hold the mailbox, and then click Next.

9. Click Finish.

10. Right-click the user account that you created, click Disable Account, and then click OK.

11. On the View menu, click to select Advanced Features.

12. Right-click the user account, and then click Properties.

13. Click the Security tab, and then click Add.

14. In the Type names separated by semicolons or choose from list box, type the Windows NT 4.0 user account that you want to own the mailbox (or the Windows 2000 user account in another forest that you want to own the mailbox), and then click OK.

15. In the User Properties dialog box, click the user account that you added in step 14.

16. In the Permissions list, click to select the Allow check box next to the Send As permission.

17. Click the Exchange Advanced tab, and then click Mailbox Rights.

18. Click Add, click the user account that you added in step 14, and then click OK.

19. In the Permissions list, click to select the Allow check boxes next to Read Permissions, Full Mailbox Access, and Associated External Account.

20. Click OK.

I know how to create user accounts in AD, but my problem are the steps 12 -> 19: define security on the user object and the mailbox object for the trusted account.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be scripted?

Thanks-
Working...
X