One Forest Multiple Domains One Org

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Forest Multiple Domains One Org

I have one Windows 2003 forest with 2 equal domains and each domain has an Exchange 2003 server. Say my windows domains are DomHV.com and DomUS.net. Say my servers are Eng-mail and US-mail.

Each Exchange server has its own public MX record. The public MX record for DomUS.net windows domain is also for DomUS.net and points to the firewall in the US. The public MX record for DomHV.com is actually for DomEng.com and points to the firewall in England. Each firewall passes mail to its local mail server.

Both servers are members of the same organization but each is in its own administrative group. When we installed the Eng-mail server, a routing group was automatically created under the administrative group for the US-mail server.

I created a user account in the DomHV.com domain but gave it an smtp address of [email protected].

The problem is that, if I send a message to [email protected], the US-mail server doesn't know what to do with it and sends back a message that the user doesn't exist.

So how can I get my two servers to identify accounts and forward mail to mailboxes in the other domain?
Working...
X