Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Std. Search function problem

Hello,

this are the specs,
    1 exchange 2003 Standard Edition server with SP2
    running on W2K3 SP1
    1 Information Store about 30GB's large

problem:
    its a terminal server environment al W2K3 Ent some with outlook 2003 includings SP2 and some outlook 2003 clients without any Service Pack.

Everything worked fine, but a a moment the search function in outlook doesnt function anymore.... if you type a word and hit search there a no results for that search on al of the different outlook clients. We looked in the Event viewer but no errors related to the search problem, we looked @google and i even find no answer to this problem

we tried to create a full-text search index http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932 with no result..

also the search works in the webmail ....

on google i found an article that describes this problem but it was for exchange 2000, including a link to an hotfix for 2000.

maybe someone could help me, because a the moment about 120 users can not use the search function / option in outlook.

Re: Exchange 2003 Std. Search function problem

Most of cases, you have to wait until the full search done creating indexes.
    Check the schedule and try that again, make sure you go to the event log and see if it is started and finished.
    How long it will run, it depends on HW.
    MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

thx, but the full-search index is ready and works in the OWA webmail, but not in the outlook client!

Comment

Here is my 2 cents.
        I do not understand what you mean by does not work but...
        If you use normal search, outlook will not take advantage of the full index, only advanced search will force outlook to take advantage of the full index.
        Hopefully this will help.

Thank you.

Comment

okay,

i tested the normal search -> wait for 5 minutes but no results
          i tested the advanced search -> wait for 5 minutes also no results

thats what i mean if i use the search function in outlook there ar no results!!!!

Comment

Could this be your case?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=327316

and if you are using outlook XP, try the same scenario with outlook 2003 and see what happens. In my personal experience outlook XP is very buggy.

Thx
            Last edited by hyeongkim; 21st March 2007, 05:34. Reason: syntax error

Comment

Originally posted by hyeongkim View Post
              Could this be your case?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=327316

and if you are using outlook XP, try the same scenario with outlook 2003 and see what happens. In my personal experience outlook XP is very buggy.

Thx
              i checked the link but i am using outlook 2003 witht SP2 and without SP2 with the same results...!

Comment

Working...
              X