preventing users to change signature in OWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preventing users to change signature in OWA

Is there a possibility (i.e. in policies) to prevent users to change there signature / disclaimer in Outlook Web Access. We would like to have the same format / fonts / colours etc. for all our employees and we wouldn't like them to change them
    Last edited by ronaldvanmourik; 19th March 2007, 14:14.

Re: preventing users to change signature in OWA

Do all your employees have the same name, department and telephone number?!

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

that's a question to a question

Comment

You obviously don't need help since you won't even answer a simple question that was asked by someone willing to spend his FREE time trying to assist you with YOUR problem.

Reason for the question (and probably more to come if others decide to help after your last reply) is that you provide such a dismal amount of info about your setup that members like Tom have to drag the required info from you piece by piece.

Maybe a read of this will assist you in getting some answers from people who are willing to donate their free time for you. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Now try that question again and see if there are still members willing to assist.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

why?
          If you want to publish disclaimer, you might want to see spam filter or content filter for out going email, they can add disclaimers automatically.
          MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

Well, I'm a bit of a novice in exchange. Started using it in may 2006. I have a single server 2003 and at this moment 230 users. They all use OWA because they're located at different places and mobile workers. OWA is a perfect solution. It is an educational institute and we would like all the employees use a signature in a specific font and colour. Disclaimers are the same for everyone, signatures aren't. If necessary I can provide every user with a signature but then I would prefer that the users can't edit it anymore.

Comment

I think you're going to have to buy some third party signature software for that. Since I shouldn't recommend anything that costs money on these forums, you'll have to do your own research to see if it suits you. But I do not believe it can be done in Exchange as we know it (out the box).

Actually, the question does bring to mind the idea that we have a new law saying that we've all got to put our registered office address and company reg number on the bottoms of emails. At least, in the UK there are some very strong rumours going around to that effect. Can anyone verify if this is a nasty rumour or a real law? If that's the case, a disgruntled employee could remove the mandatory details in his signature, hence get the company into trouble.

Third party software will enable you to have a custom sig, i.e. unique name etc. then a mandatory, consistent, footer beneath that.

I guess that's what you want.
              Best wishes,
              PaulH.
              MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Ah, I tried that too, it will open a big can of worm.
                What I did was, I told legal & HR deaprtment to create an Acceptable user policy and state what they can and what they have to put in. and cteated a template.
                Users followed...

Comment

Microsoft consider signatures to be a personal thing. If you want to mandate them then you need to take it away from the user's control.
                  A third party tool will do the job for you. I have just deployed Exclaimer for a client and it has replaced all signatures. Information is populated in the AD and then Exclaimer pulls that information from there.
                  Doesn't matter how the user sends email - if it passes through Exchange then it gets the full signature.
                  - Outlook
                  - OWA
                  - OMA
                  - EAS
                  - Blackberry.

It also allows the signature not to be applied to internal email which keeps the size of the email messages down.

Simon.
                  --
                  Simon Butler
                  Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                  More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                  Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                  In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by hyeongkim View Post
                    Users followed...

You lucky guy - you've got obedient users? Any jobs going at your place? my users never do what I tell them. One of the problems with being 8 months old, I guess... no respect, dammit
                    Best wishes,
                    PaulH.
                    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Yes, well we threaten them that if they don't follow the acceptable policy, we don't give them any support, and legal team willl jump on their back
                      HR and legal did all the work because it is the law here in the US...kind of...
                      If you heard about SOX...big headache
                      Now we are trying to do out going mail content filtering (including attachement), email archiving, user folder archiving and more...that will cost lots of $$$$$

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible to use IIS in order to disable the 'signature' tag in 'options' in the OWA interface?

Comment

If that is gone how new users will add signatures?

Well here we go, hopefully you know some java.

On the exchagne server c:\program files\exchsrv\exchweb\xxxxxxx\controls

Open dlg_Options.js

Look for btnEditSignature that is the signature button, edit the file...

Everytime you apply service pack or something, it will overwrite it, so user will see the Edit Signatuire button again.

Hopefully, it will help.
                          Thank you.

Comment

I looked into it. Unfortunately java is a bit difficult for me. I think I'll go for exclaimer.com (seen in some posts here). Thanks for the answers.
                            Last edited by ronaldvanmourik; 22nd March 2007, 13:44.

Comment

Working...
                            X