Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Complete Outlook

Greetings,
    I don't know if this the right place to send my problem.

My problem is when you open new email and type the name in To or CC if you are already sent an email before once you type the first few letter it will drop list of user
    e.g. Bill Clinton and next to it show <BClinton > [ Clinton, Bill <BClinton>]
    BClinton is the an old Alias name and all the Alias have been changed to FirstNamelastName i.e. BillClinton
    I rebuilt the offline address book with no luck
    Can you advice?
    eBe75

Re: Auto Complete Outlook

Outlook's profile does that. In fact that's what the NK2 file does. Delete that and you'll build a new cache of previous addresses. Rename it first in order not to lose and important addresses you might have, and if you're happy, just delete the old file.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Daniel Petri,
      It didn't work still same issue. any advice?
      this issue not only on 1 workstaion its on all workstaon connected to the domain
      Last edited by ebe75; 19th March 2007, 07:45. Reason: Adding more details
      eBe75

Comment

Type the name and when it try to pre populate, move the mouse pointer and point it on the little popup thing and hit the delete key.
        That will remove the cache.
        Last edited by hyeongkim; 19th March 2007, 23:57.
        MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

Originally posted by hyeongkim View Post
          Type the name and when it try to pre populate, hit the delete key.
          That will remove the cache.
          No, it won't. It will simply remove the text you typed.

I've told you once before in Rep comments; if you don't know, SAY NOTHING.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

If you type in the letter "B" and four autocomplete suggestions come up, then carefully use the arrow keys to go down to the "wrong" one that has the misspelled data in it, you can then hit the delete key, and that will remove then entry from the NK2 file, which is where all these entries live, as Daniel said in the first place.

I've had to use this technique before, after sending an email to a mistyped one that doesn't exist. Trouble is, I got stuck when hers (wrong one) was the only one with that letter. because what happens is exactly what Stonelaughter says and only the email entry that you typed gets deleted. So then I had to add a couple more items so that her (wrong) email address entry was at least second down the list, because without using the down arrow it doesn't work.

Does this make sense? Clear as mud? I hope you can fathom it out from what I've said because it is tricky to do. But it does work - I promise!
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.
            MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Stonelaughter, it works, as PaulH said.
              Last edited by hyeongkim; 19th March 2007, 23:56.

Comment

As hyeongkim and PaulH outlined, the same works for me and I use it all the time as people change ISPs all too often.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
                  If you type in the letter "B" and four autocomplete suggestions come up, then carefully use the arrow keys to go down to the "wrong" one that has the misspelled data in it, you can then hit the delete key, and that will remove then entry from the NK2 file, which is where all these entries live, as Daniel said in the first place.

I've had to use this technique before, after sending an email to a mistyped one that doesn't exist. Trouble is, I got stuck when hers (wrong one) was the only one with that letter. because what happens is exactly what Stonelaughter says and only the email entry that you typed gets deleted. So then I had to add a couple more items so that her (wrong) email address entry was at least second down the list, because without using the down arrow it doesn't work.

Does this make sense? Clear as mud? I hope you can fathom it out from what I've said because it is tricky to do. But it does work - I promise!
                  Well, well - you learn something new every day... I guess I never had more than one entry, one of which was wrong LOL.

Hyeongkim - you are on VERY thin ground. Tread carefully my friend...

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I'd just like to politely say, Hyeongkim, that when you issue instructions to people it's really hard to get your intentions across if you don't spell it out very clearly, hence Tom's understandable response to your brief post. If you try writing instructions while imagining you are reading them as someone else, you'll be most of the way there. But just saying a brief "do this, hit delete" is what confuses the poor OP and won't help him to see what he has to do.

Anyway, as I say, this is meant to be a very polite & diplomatic suggestion to help Hyeongkim in the phrasing of his suggestion.

Hope that's OK with y'all
                    Best wishes,
                    PaulH.

Comment

Thank you Paul, I found this site is really usefull and actually I fixed one exchange issue today because of this site, so I decided to contribute and I got very excited and was in a big hurry.... so typed really short instruction, well I am really sorry that if that made any one confused.

Thank you.
                      Last edited by hyeongkim; 20th March 2007, 17:56.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Hyeongkim - Tom's made a great number of high quality & useful contributions to this forum. I'd hate to see anyone fall out...

It certainly is a great forum - I learned quickly that you have to be darn sure of what you say before posting - the quality of the posts is very high indeed.

I'd better shutup before getting into trouble for being offtopic.
                        Best wishes,
                        PaulH.

Comment

is often On Topic IMHO. PaulH makes some very good points on how to make a post useful to all. hyeongkim has just joined today and I've reviewed ALL of hyeongkim's posts -- quite a lot of information for an opening day.

As I always say, "Slow and steady wins the race." hyeongkim has a lot to offer and I'm looking forward to hyeongkim's continued participation in these forums.
                          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

BTW, FYI, here are 2 interesting tools. The first one is NOT free therefore I will not post a working URL. The second is, but is not as useful as the first one.

Enjoy.

NK2 File Management Software Suite:
                            http : / / www . ingressor . com

NK2.info Project:
                            http://www.nk2.info
                            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Is there any thing I can do at server side (Exchange 2003 or AD) this problem not on one workstation is on all the workstation at the domain
                              eBe75

Comment

Working...
                              X