Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server POP3 connection problem

Hi,

Exchange Server 2003 SP2 has been working fine for 18 months but about 3 times in the past month it ceases to receive external email. Internal email works fine and users can send email internally and externally.

Event id's 1023 and 1036 appear in the Event Viewer -

An error occurred during a POP3 transaction to server . The error is 10060 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

The downloading process for mailbox < > was ended with one or more errors.

I have been on the road when this has happened so have not been able to look at the state of the server but a server restart fixes the problem.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

Marcus

Re: Exchange Server POP3 connection problem

Could you please tell us a bit about your setup
    I presume you are getting inbound email from a POP3 account. If so, are you using SBS (with the POP3 connector) or are you using a 3rd party product?

If thats not the case, please advise how you get your inbound email, and where the POP3 comes into it

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange Server POP3 connection problem

Sorry for delay in responding..

Using SBS with the built in POP3 connector.

The problem has now ceased but I am none the wiser as to what caused it in the first place. I'll put it down to a temporary glitch!

Marcus

Comment

Working...
      X