No announcement yet.

New to Exchange Installation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Exchange Installation

Dear Tech experts,

Iam new to Exchange server, I have managed to install exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server. My current deployment has AD as as internal domain name. and I aslo have as registred domain name on the internet which is managed by diffrent company who host and manage the website. They aslo provide 50 email id for different users with the different id and pasword for every user. Currently v retireve all our mails using outlook and pointing the regirstrar companies pop server and every user retreive mails to thier computers.

Now v would like to centrally manage the messaging system, i would like exchange to retireve the mails for all users from the registrars pop server and distribute to all users internally..

NOw HOw i would retireve the emails in exchange server for all the indivdual users .. and how to setup all the requirement of MX record setup and all.

Note our Internet (ISP) provider is diffrent from the domain regsitrar company.

please help me solving this problem.

Exchange 2003 cannot natively retrieve POP3 emails (except in Small Business Server). There are a number of third party products that retrieve emails and forward them to Exchange. VPOP3 is my favourite but POPBeamer is highly spoken of.

To change to using SMTP delivery, you will need to speak to your ISP or hosting company (whoever has control of DNS servers). You will normally need a fixed IP address and then create a number of
    CNAME records mapping e.g. to your own IP
    MX records for

Talk to your providers and they will probably handle all the messy work for you!

Good luck
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

V wud ask our website hosting company to include the MX record in thier DNS. Do v need to add an A record in our local dns of the web mail server of registrar company as well or do v have to make some kind of settings in our dns as well..

If v use the POPbeamer of thirdparty retirever so do v still need to add MX records and other settings in both DNS's.

pls breif a simple setup or any resource avaibleble on the net from where v can configure and install fully functional exchange right from the scracth.